Is one of your New Year's resolutions to get fit? We can help. Here are a few simple tips from the Timex Multisport Team.
- Set realistic goals for yourself — if you push yourself too hard, you’ll wind up injuring yourself. New to training? There are plenty of free apps to get you started, like Couch-to-5K or Gorilla Workout.
- Schedule your workouts into your calendar, just like you would with any priority commitment.
- Sign up for a race now so you have something to work towards.
- Work out earlier in the day to avoid burnout in the evening.
- Stay consistent with your training. You don’t have to do the same thing every day, but you will reap more from training a little every day than being a weekend warrior.
- Variety is just as important as consistency. For example: bike on Monday, do yoga or a strength workout on Wednesday, run on Thursday (switch it up between a treadmill and trail running), and try out winter sports or long walks during the weekend.
- Use tools to measure your success. Invest in a heart rate monitor or GPS watch.